THE KH-MEDIA MINISTRY
The Kingdom Heralds Media Ministry (KH-Media) is a Christian propagating organ for community based evangelism at this end time. Like any media outfit, KH-Media is to teach, inform and entertain the general public about Jesus Christ, the Church and the relationships of the Body of Christ with the Communities and the outside world at large.
The Ministry was birthed out of many years of studying the Modern Church and her failures in using her relationships with the media and the world at large for the maximum benefits of the Gospel of Christ Jesus. It was painfully discovered that modern church wrongly separates herself from the world she is meant to preach to and relate with.
The first time the Presiding Editor, The Ven. Sam ‘Damisi Fatoyinbo, caught the Vision of a ministry within the Ministry of the Church was sometimes in 1997 when he started studying Mass Communication at the University of Lagos (UNILAG). He had had a very strong conviction and hunger to use his study to benefit the Gospel of Christ Jesus and His Church. But even far before this Vision, he had witnessed the Community-based Church between 1976 and 1977 as a boy when the Rev. (later Ven.) Joseph Olagbuji (now late) was posted to his (Presiding Editor’s) home church, St Jude’s Anglican Church, Ipogun (in today’s Ifedore Local Government of Ondo State). He was actually posted to the church immediately he was made a deacon in 1970. His understanding of Community-based Church was visibly identified; he started partnering with the community and opinion leaders for the socio-infrastructural developments of the town. A major impact was when he spent the parish fund on a stream in the town to make it suitable for drinking.
The priest was a member of the main all embracing Community Association – Ipogun Progressive Union; he was actually invited to join. It was this and other efforts of this priest and that of his successors that made the church a wonderful place to go all the times.
The Ven. Fatoyinbo watched and stored into his unconscious mind all these as an adolescent and teenager and was moved by this Church-Community relationship. That actually can be referred to as the informal conception of a great ministry which would be birthed later in a lifetime. Its formal conception took place in the last few years of the 20th century.
This Ministry, inaugurated and launched in December 2011, was duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission on the 15th of January, 2013 with number CAC/IT/58947. The Appointed Trustees for the Ministry are: The Rev. Sam Fatoyinbo, Mr Ade Oredope (now late), Mr Isaac Fatoyinbo, Mr Gabriel Olufemi Taiwo and Pastor Shadrack Aderintoye.
Immediately it was registered, we opened a bank account with the following details:
- Bank Name: Guaranty Trust Bank ( now Guaranty Trust Holding Company PLC) Idumota Branch
- Account Name: The Kingdom Heralds Media Ministry
- Account Number: 0128799915.
The Ministry has some units to make it function maximumly:
- The KH Praise: This unit is a band unit of the Ministry that goes about praising God always
- The Kingdom Pen: A Magazine: The first edition of this magazine was produced in February 2012 which was widely sold especially in Idimu axis of Lagos State, Nigeria. The Ven. Sam Fatoyinbo is the Managing Editor of the Magazine.
- The KH Drama: The Unit shares, uplifts and encourages through drama presentations. This Unit also serves as another method to witness to others as God’s Word of practical lessons for daily living.
- The KH Social Media: The Ministry, also, has some media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, WhatsApp, and YouTube. It also has Yahoo and Google Addresses.
In the future, the Ministry will be partnering with other like-minded groups to spread the Gospel of the Salvation and Redemption of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ at home and in abroad using all the available media and through community partnership